My fee is 150 dollars for 60 minutes. There is also an option for 90-minute sessions at 225 dollars. At this time I am not accepting new clients through insurance plans. Please check this site periodically for updates on such openings. If you plan to apply to your insurance plan for reimbursement I will provide you with a Superbill to document services, and will request that you would pay for services at the end of each session.
It might be useful for you to contact your insurance company ahead of time to determine what their reimbursement to you would be.
When you contact your insurance company, tell them that I’m an LMFT, and that the billing code I use for my services is 90834. Often they will tell you what reimbursement would look like in terms of a percentage, so you might want to let them know that you would like a dollar amount.
Please note that a Superbill includes a formal diagnosis as the basis of treatment. Such a diagnosis is usually a necessary condition for insurance plans to validate treatment.
If you will be working through your insurance company, you may find obtaining the following information useful before you and I meet for our initial consultation:
- Do you have mental health insurance benefits?
- Does your insurance company carry mental health benefits or have those been assigned (“carved out”) to a second insurance company?
- What is your deductible and has it been met?
- Do you have a copay for mental health and/or recovery services?
- How many sessions per year does your health insurance cover?
- Is approval required from your primary care physician or from the company itself?